Fidelity Group of Companies – with the largest entities being Fidelity Engineering & Construction Inc. and Fidelity Homes Inc. – are fast growing industry leaders specializing in heavy civil construction projects, residential home building, real estate development, and landscape retail products. Administrative offices are located in Colborne, Ontario.
Company: Fidelity Homes Inc.
Job Title: Skilled General Carpenter
Location: Various Project Sites
Our high-growth business is seeking an experienced and competent General Carpenter. This position will be reserved for a person who takes pride in their work and who is detail oriented and driven with strong Leadership skills. Quality craftmanship is the backbone of Fidelity Homes and it is very important to us that this individual takes pride in their work. This position will play a key role in the organization’s ability to efficiently meet deadlines and contribute to the organization’s total customer satisfaction effort.
- Must be able to accurately read, interpret and execute the details within blueprints in accordance with the Ontario Building Code.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently.
- Able to accurately complete material takeoffs to minimize waste.
- Teach/instruct less experienced carpenters excellent building practices.
- Must be able to complete common tasks with ease and precision. These tasks include but are not limited to:
- Install windows and doors
- Erect decks with varying materials (i.e., Composite and Pressure Treated)
- Install railings on front porches as well as around constructed decks and stairs
- Must be able to build and install stairs as per OBC both inside and outside
- Build down ceilings and bulkheads where required
- Able to frame basements
- Has an interest and ability in fine carpentry which includes building and installation of fireplace surrounds, niches, built-ins, trim, interior doors etc.
- Manage time efficiently and ensure task completion to the highest level of detail.
- Demonstrate the company’s dedication to customer service and professionalism.
- Perform all work according to industry and company standards.
- Follow health and safety guidelines at all times.
- Always wear personal protective equipment as required.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in new residential home building.
- Valid “G” driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to travel to project sites.
- Ideal certificates that would be considered an asset are: Working from Heights, WHMIS, Fall Arrest, Platform Lift tickets. Training can be provided if necessary to the right candidate. Must be willing to work towards certification in these areas.
Qualities / Skills:
- Demonstrated safety mindset; ability to actively participate in all safety initiatives.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic and self-motivated.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and be versatile to change.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Strong problem solving and motivational skills.
- Exhibits strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates superior time management skills.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work is physically demanding, requiring but not limited to frequent bending, kneeling, lifting, and climbing.
- Must be able to work outdoors in various conditions including heat, humidity, dust, noise, and cold.