The Fidelity Group of Companies has developed a reputable brand best known for quality craftsmanship, timely execution of work and a highly talented field and management staff. We have built our company on the guiding principle “Only the Best” and we believe that this applies across every facet of who we are and what we do.
The Fidelity Group of Companies are fast growing industry leaders specializing in heavy civil construction projects, residential home building, real estate development, and landscape retail products.
Job Title: Flagger – Traffic Control Person
Location: Various Project Sites in Ontario
Our high-growth business is seeking seasonal Flaggers to join the Fidelity Engineering and Construction Inc. team. Fidelity Engineering & Construction’s core business is general contracting in the heavy civil construction industry. The company specializes in the following types of projects: Bridge Replacement and Rehabilitation, Highway Construction, Culvert Replacement and Rehabilitation, Earthwork including Excavation and Site Development, Retaining Walls & Erosion Control, Environmental Habitat Reconstruction and Demolition and Decommissioning.
This position will play a key role in the organization’s ability to efficiently meet project deadlines and contribute to the organization’s total customer satisfaction effort.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Assist in the preparation of job sites prior to the beginning of a project.
- Direct traffic at construction sites.
- Load and unload material, tools and equipment required to complete construction projects.
- Ensure housekeeping is consistently maintained.
- Perform all work according to industry and company standard.
- Clean work site of any tools, debris and equipment, ensuring housekeeping is consistently maintained.
- Comply with company and equipment safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times.
- Support all team members as required.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of construction experience (preferred).
- Ability to travel to project sites as required.
- Able to work long days, flexible work hours & weekends.
Qualities / Skills:
- Demonstrated safety mindset; ability to actively participate in all safety initiatives.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic and self-motivated.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and be versatile to change.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Exhibits strong verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates superior time management skills.
- Willingness to learn through job specific training.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Ability to take direction.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Physically demanding, requiring but not limited to: frequent bending, kneeling, lifting, climbing and standing for long periods of time.
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat, humidity, dust, noise and cold.
As the Fidelity Group of Companies continue to evolve in their respective industries, we have only begun our journey of what we are capable of achieving. The success of our business can be attributed to the incredible group of talented professionals that make up our team here at Fidelity. It is our goal to be not only an industry leader, but ensure that our team members are continually provided with challenging, meaningful and dynamic opportunities.
If this opportunity excites you, apply today!
Fidelity Group of Companies welcomes and encourages application from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.