The Fidelity Group of Companies has developed a reputable brand best known for quality craftsmanship, timely execution of work and a highly talented field and management staff. We have built our company on the guiding principle “Only the Best” and we believe that this applies across every facet of who we are and what we do.
The Fidelity Group of Companies are fast growing industry leaders specializing in heavy civil construction projects, residential home building, concrete forming, real estate development, and landscape retail products.
Job Title: Residential Concrete Skilled Labourer
Job Status: Full Time, Permanent, Seasonal
Location: Various Project Sites
Salary Range: $20.00-$30.00/hour (paid weekly via direct deposit)
Our high-growth business is seeking experienced Residential Concrete Skilled Labourers to join the Fidelity Concrete Forming team. Fidelity Concrete Forming is a well-established concrete contractor catering predominantly to residential concrete projects through-out Northumberland County. We specialize in Concrete Footings and Foundation works.
We are looking for mature, responsible, motivated and knowledgeable concrete foundation Foremen and Labourers for our busy year round projects. This position will play a key role in the organization’s ability to efficiently meet project deadlines and contribute to the organization’s total customer satisfaction effort.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Build and layout forms as required, according to plans and specifications with the ability to make calculations depending on grades.
- Assist in the preparation of job sites prior to the beginning of a project.
- Operate various tools and equipment, including but not limited to: skid steers, power tools and hand tools.
- Level aggregate to grade specifications.
- Assist with forming and pouring concrete.
- Load and unload material, tools and equipment required to complete construction projects.
- Direct traffic at constructions sites.
- Clean work site of any tools, debris and equipment, ensuring housekeeping is consistently maintained.
- Comply with company safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times.
- Support all team members as required.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of experience working in Concrete construction (preferred).
- Must posses a valid G2 license with the ability to travel to project sites as required.
- Able to work long days, flexible work hours and weekends.
- Must have reliable access to a smart phone throughout the workday for contact and inspection or reporting completion, if required.
Qualities / Skills:
- Demonstrated safety mindset; ability to actively participate in all safety initiatives.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic and self-motivated.
- Willing and able to learn new skills and grasp new concepts quickly and efficiently.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and be versatile to change.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Exhibits strong verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates superior time management skills.
- Willingness to learn through job specific training.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Ability to take direction accurately and effectively.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Physically demanding, requiring but not limited to: bending, kneeling, lifting and climbing.
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions including heat, humidity, dust, noise and cold.
As the Fidelity Group of Companies continue to evolve in their respective industries, we have only begun our journey of what we are capable of achieving. The success of our business can be attributed to the incredible group of talented professionals that make up our team here at Fidelity. It is our goal to be not only an industry leader, but ensure that our team members are continually provided with challenging, meaningful and dynamic opportunities.
If this opportunity excites you, send in your resume!
Fidelity Group of Companies welcomes and encourages application from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.