The Fidelity Group of Companies has developed a reputable brand best known for quality craftsmanship, timely execution of work and a highly talented field and management staff. We have built our company on the guiding principle “Only the Best” and we believe that this applies across every facet of who we are and what we do.
The Fidelity Group of Companies are fast growing industry leaders specializing in heavy civil construction projects, residential home building, real estate development, and landscape retail products.
Company: Fidelity Homes Inc.
Job Title: Lead Hand Carpenter
Location: Various Project Sites – Colborne, Grafton, Warkworth, Campbellford and Surrounding Area
Our high-growth business is seeking an experienced and competent Lead Hand Carpenter. This position will be reserved for a person who takes pride in their work and who is detail oriented and driven with strong Leadership skills. Quality craftmanship is the backbone of Fidelity Homes and it is very important to us. This position will play a key role in the organization’s ability to efficiently meet deadlines and contribute to the organization’s total customer satisfaction effort.
- Must be able to accurately read, interpret and execute the details within blueprints in accordance with the Ontario Building Code
- Ensure all provincial safety regulations and guidelines are followed
- Complete material takeoffs
- Teach/instruct less experienced carpenters excellent building practices
- Manage time efficiently and ensure task completion to the highest level of detail
- Demonstrate the company’s dedication to customer service and professionalism
- Perform all work according to industry and company standards
- Follow health and safety guidelines at all times
- Always wear personal protective equipment as required
- Complete other duties as assigned
The candidate must be able to complete the following tasks:
- Build decks/platforms/entry systems – Trex, Pressure Treated, Railings, Stairs, Aluminum Railing installations, etc.
- Back framing
- Basement framing
- Build out bulkheads
- Build and install timber frame gable designs
- Install post and beams to plans
- Build out and finish post and beam work to architectural specifications
- Frame interior walls
- Install pocket doors
- Install exterior windows and doors
- Form stoops for concrete flatwork
- Complete installation of Trim and Baseboard as well as other architectural moldings to a high quality finish
- Be capable and proficient in all types of carpentry (finish and rough carpentry)
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in new residential home building with a minimum of 5 years acting as a Lead hand carpenter
- Valid “G” driver’s license
- Ideal certificates that would be considered an asset are: Working at Heights, WHMIS, Fall Arrest, Platform Lift tickets. Training will be provided.
- Experience operating heavy machinery considered an asset (i.e: Telehandler and Genie Boom Lift). Training will be provided.
Qualities / Skills:
- Demonstrated safety mindset; ability to actively participate in all safety initiatives
- Reliable with a strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and be versatile to change
- Strong mechanical skills
- Strong problem solving and motivational skills
- Exhibits strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- Demonstrates superior time management skills
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Physically demanding, requiring but not limited to frequent bending, kneeling, lifting, and climbing.
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat, humidity, dust, noise, and cold
Compensation packages are above industry standard. This position comes with a company vehicle. Tools will be supplied. Benefits can be discussed at the time of interview. If you are interested, please send your resume!
The Fidelity Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.