The Fidelity Group of Companies has developed a reputable brand best known for quality craftsmanship, timely execution of work and a highly talented field and management staff. We have built our company on the guiding principle “Only the Best” and we believe that this applies across every facet of who we are and what we do.
The Fidelity Group of Companies are fast growing industry leaders specializing in heavy civil construction projects, residential home building, real estate development, and landscape retail products.
Job Title: Bridge – Skilled Labourer
Location: Various Project Sites
Our high-growth business is seeking experienced Skilled Labourers to join the Fidelity Engineering and Construction Inc. team. This position will play a key role in the organization’s ability to efficiently meet project deadlines and contribute to the organization’s total customer satisfaction effort.
- Build and layout forms as required, according to plans and specifications with the ability to make calculations depending on grades.
- Clean work site of any tools, debris, and equipment, ensuring housekeeping is consistently maintained.
- Perform all work by complying with safety standards.
- Assist in the preparation of job sites prior to the beginning of a project.
- Operate various tools and equipment, including, skid steers, power tools, and hand tools.
- Level aggregate to grade specifications.
- Assist with forming and pouring concrete.
- Load and unload material, tools, and equipment required to complete construction projects.
- Direct traffic at constructions sites.
- Comply with company safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times.
- Support all team members as required.
- Perform all duties assigned by Foreman.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of construction experience working with concrete forms, structures or other rough carpentry work.
- G-Class driver’s license (preferred).
- Quality Technician experience considered an asset.
- Familiar with grading.
- Some knowledge with reading construction drawings and or blueprints.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, and heavy equipment.
- Ability to travel to project sites as required.
- Able to work long days, flexible work hours & weekends.
Qualities / Skills:
- Demonstrated safety mindset; ability to actively participate in all safety initiatives.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic and self-motivated.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and be versatile to change.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Exhibits strong verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates superior time management skills.
- Willingness to learn through job specific training.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Ability to take direction.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Physically demanding, requiring but not limited to frequent bending, kneeling, lifting, and climbing.
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat, humidity, dust, noise, and cold.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send in your resume!
Fidelity Group of Companies welcomes and encourages application from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.