Fidelity Group of Companies – with the largest entities being Fidelity Engineering & Construction Inc. and Fidelity Homes Inc. – are fast growing industry leaders specializing in heavy civil construction projects, residential home building, real estate development, and landscape retail products. Administrative offices are located in Colborne, Ontario.
Job Title: Bridge – Form Setter/Concrete Finisher
Location: Various Project Sites
Our high-growth business is seeking an experienced Bridge – Form Setter/Concrete Finisher to join the Fidelity Engineering and Construction team. This position will play a key role in the organization’s ability to efficiently meet project deadlines and contribute to the organization’s total customer satisfaction effort.
- Build and layout forms as required, according to plans and specifications with the ability to make calculations depending on grades.
- Fill forms with fill material and compact with tamper or compactor to bring to the required grade.
- Check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade.
- Fill hollows and remove spots on freshly poured cement.
- Level top surface concrete according to grade and depth specification.
- Apply hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces.
- Waterproof, damp proof and restore surfaces.
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of concrete structures.
- Operate power vibrators to compact concrete.
- Clean work site of any tools, debris, and equipment.
- Perform all work by complying with safety standards.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of construction experience working with concrete forms, bridges, retaining walls, drainage structures or other rough carpentry work.
- Knowledge of survey controls, grade checking; and bridge geometry.
- Competency in reading civil construction plans.
- G-Class driver’s license (preferred)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to work long days, flexible work hours & weekends.
- Ability to travel to project sites as required.
Qualities / Skills:
- Demonstrated safety mindset; ability to actively participate in all safety initiatives.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic and self-motivated.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and be versatile to change.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Exhibits strong verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates superior time management skills.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Physically demanding, requiring but not limited to frequent bending, kneeling, lifting, and climbing.
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat, humidity, dust, noise, and cold.
Fidelity Group of Companies welcomes and encourages application from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.