Fidelity Group of Companies – with the largest entities being Fidelity Engineering & Construction Inc. and Fidelity Homes Inc. – are fast growing industry leaders specializing in heavy civil construction projects, residential home building, real estate development, and landscape retail products. Administrative offices are located in Colborne, Ontario.
Company: Fidelity Engineering & Construction Inc.
Job Title: Bridge Foreman
Location: Various Project Sites
Our high-growth business is seeking an experienced and competent Foreman. This position will be reserved for a person who takes pride in their work and who is detail oriented and driven with strong Leadership skills. This position will play a key role in the organization’s ability to efficiently meet deadlines and contribute to the organization’s total customer satisfaction effort.
- Conduct daily huddles with crew to establish daily production goals and expectations.
- Lead a crew of craft workers including carpenters, laborers, and equipment operators.
- Supervise the crew completing tasks including but not limited to: forming and pouring bridge columns, finishing concrete, pier caps, abutments, bridge decks, retaining walls, drainage structures, setting bridge deck panels and beams, setting up and running bridge deck concrete paving machines, and crane rigging and flagging.
- Read blueprints and job-related documents to properly plan work.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling materials, equipment and work for the crew.
- Record daily events in job diary.
- Perform all work, while adhering to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Company Safety policies.
- Lead daily and weekly safety meetings, and ensure crew members follow safety policies.
- Communicate goals and purposes effectively. Leads and demonstrates by example.
- Pro-actively train and mentor crew members to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Work in conjunction with the larger project team to deliver the project successfully and to establish strategies to meet contract milestones.
- Oversee field quality control and communicate with inspectors, subcontractors and regulatory bodies.
- Coordinate with public project owners to comply with local agency and environmental issues and requirements.
- Assist in the creation of risk mitigation strategies and implement where necessary.
- Identify requests outside of contracted scope and raise any change management issues.
- Demonstrate the company’s dedication to customer service and professionalism.
- Always wear personal protective equipment as required.
- Performs all other duties of crew members as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years related experience in field crew management of civil highway bridge construction operations required.
- At least 5 years of construction experience working with concrete forms, bridges, retaining walls, drainage structures or other rough carpentry work.
- Experience with interchange construction; highway widening; and/or bridge construction preferred.
- Knowledge of survey controls, grade checking, and bridge geometry.
- Competency in reading civil construction plans.
- Experience with Pile Driving, Concrete Forming, Steel or Beam Erection, Temporary and Permanent Shoring, Cofferdams, Drilled-shaft Foundations, and Bridge Deck Forming and Concrete Placement.
- Thorough knowledge of concrete materials, workability, finishing and curing.
- Through knowledge of concrete formwork systems and assembly.
- Environmental Stewardship – experience working in and around environmentally sensitive areas including wetlands, streams, mature forests, and high-quality habitat.
- Valid “G” driver’s license.
- Able to work long days, flexible work hours and weekends.
- Ability to travel to project sites as required.
Qualities / Skills:
- Demonstrated safety mindset; ability to actively participate in all safety initiatives.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic and self-motivated.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and be versatile to change.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Exhibits strong verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates superior time management skills.
- High level of professionalism when dealing with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have a high standard and pride of quality of workmanship.
- Must have well developed leadership and people management skills.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Physically demanding, requiring but not limited to frequent bending, kneeling, lifting, and climbing.
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat, humidity, dust, noise, and cold.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send in your resume!
Fidelity Group of Companies welcomes and encourages application from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.