Fidelity Group of Companies – with the largest entities being Fidelity Engineering & Construction Inc. and Fidelity Homes Inc. – are fast growing industry leaders specializing in heavy civil construction projects, residential home building, real estate development, and landscape retail products. Administrative offices are located in Colborne, Ontario.
Job Title: Bridge Foreman
Location: Various Project Sites
Our high-growth business is seeking an experienced Bridge Foreman to join the Fidelity Engineering and Construction team. This position will play a key role in the organization’s ability to efficiently meet project deadlines and contribute to the organization’s total customer satisfaction effort.
- Conducts daily huddles with crew to establish daily production goals and ensures all members of crew know and buy into plan for the day.
- Supervise crew of craft workers including carpenters, laborers, and equipment operators
- Supervise crew completing but not limited to: forming and pouring/finishing bridge columns, pier caps, abutments, bridge decks, retaining walls, drainage structures, setting bridge deck panels and beams, setting up and running bridge deck concrete paving machines and crane rigging and flagging.
- Reads blueprints and job-related documents to properly plan work.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling materials, equipment and work for the crew.
- Records daily events in job diary.
- Performs all work, while adhering to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Company Safety policies.
- Lead daily and weekly safety meetings, and ensure crew members follow safety policies.
- Communicates goals and purposes effectively. Lead and demonstrate by example.
- Pro-activity train and mentor crew members to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Work in conjunction with the larger project team to deliver the project successfully and to establish strategies to meet contract milestones.
- Oversee field quality control and communicate with inspectors, subcontractors and regulatory bodies.
- Coordinate with public project owners to comply with local agency and environmental issues and requirements.
- Assist in the creation of risk mitigation strategies and implement where necessary.
- Identify requests outside of contracted scope and raise any change management issues.
- Demonstrate the company’s dedication to customer service and professionalism.
- Always wear personal protective equipment as required.
- Performs all other duties of crew members as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years related experience in field crew management of civil highway bridge construction operations required.
- At least 5 years of construction experience working with concrete forms, bridges, retaining walls, drainage structures or other rough carpentry work.
- Experience with interchange construction; highway widening; and/or bridge construction preferred.
- Knowledge of survey controls, grade checking; and bridge geometry.
- Competency in reading civil construction Plans.
- Experience with Pile Driving, Concrete Forming, Steel or Beam Erection, Temporary and Permanent Shoring, Cofferdams, Drilled-shaft Foundations, and Bridge Deck Forming and Concrete Placement.
- Thorough knowledge of concrete materials, workability, finishing and curing.
- Through knowledge of concrete formwork systems and assembly.
- Environmental Stewardship – experience working in and around environmentally sensitive areas including wetlands, streams, mature forests, and high-quality habitat.
- Valid “G” driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract.
- Able to work long days, flexible work hours and weekends.
- Ability to travel to project sites as required.
Qualities / Skills:
- Demonstrated safety mindset; ability to actively participate in all safety initiatives.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic and self-motivated.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and be versatile to change.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Exhibits strong verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates superior time management skills.
- High level of professionalism when dealing with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have a high standard and pride of quality of workmanship.
- Must have well developed leadership and people management skills.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Physically demanding, requiring but not limited to frequent bending, kneeling, lifting, and climbing.
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat, humidity, dust, noise, and cold.
Fidelity Group of Companies welcomes and encourages application from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.